CONVERFLEX - Exhibition profile
Converflex is the international show for print technologies for packaging, labelling and the cardboard industry.
First held in 1981, the event is a major attraction for industry. It is a well-known, long-established European-level showcase for the most advanced machines and material for packaging, labelling and converting. Italy boasts a huge number of technological firsts and excellent economic figures in this sector, with turnover of €7 billion and 150,000 employees.
Converflex’s next show will leverage the extraordinarily attractive potential of the full printing supply chain at Print4All, and is likely to make further progress on the excellent figures that the fair achieved in 2015 (5000 m² of display space and 10,000 visitors). The new exhibition format at Fiera Milano runs between 29 May and 1 June 2018. This technological showcase combines package, label printing and converting at Converflex with commercial printing solutions at Grafitalia and industrial printing at Inprinting.
Converflex addresses a market that generates more than €97 billion in turnover at European level and employs more than 477,000 people – a market in which Italy is a recognized leader.
Developments in package printing, for which Converflex is the top showcase for roto, flexo, offset, digital and hybrid technologies, give us reason to be highly optimistic about the 2018 show. The increasingly close links between converting and packaging will benefit from the other events being held at the same time, as part of the overarching Innovation Alliance.
- Printing, cardboard and paper conversion industry professionals: 150,000
- Cardboard and paper conversion industry turnover: €7 billion
- Export: packaging and labelling: €1.13 billion, 75% to EU 28 nations
- 331,000 tons of flexible packaging produced
- Employees: 477,000
- Turnover: €97 billion
* Figures from 2014: Assografici
Package printers, converters, brand owners.
Rotogravure, flexography, offset printing, digital printing, hybrid technologies, converting technologies
- Equipment and products for packaging design
- Systems and materials for manufacturing paper, cardboard, films and other printing and converting material
- Cardboard, paperboard and other printing and finishing materials
- Inks and other printing and converting products
- Measuring and monitoring equipment
- Printing, printing equipment and products
- Print products finishing and packaging
- Package printing and converting services
- Associations and service companies for package printing and converting
- Digital label printing represents almost of digital package printing and converting.